Covid-19 Cotton Exchange Precautions & Updates
We at The Cotton Exchange are getting ready to welcome back our guests on Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 4:00pm while following the safety guidelines provided to us in the general guidelines by the WEDC (Wisconsin Economic Development Corporation) for restaurants, the Racine County has their own set of Blueprints for Reopening and the CDC (Centers for Disease Control & Prevention) as well.
As always, the safety of our guests and employees is our highest priority. We want you to feel confident and comfortable when visiting our Restaurant for a dining experience or a Event. Please know that in light of the COVID-19 situation, we have enhanced our cleaning procedures, products and staff training.
Listed below are Guidelines to the Changes we have made and Rules we will enforce:
1. Maintaining social distancing by removing tables and chairs to maintain six foot spacing between tables: We have cut our Dining capacity in half while considering our Staff members in that number. We will only be allowing 75 people to dine at one time.
2. Due to the limiting amount of guests at one time, Reservations will be Priority (Friday & Saturday especially). We will honor walk-ins, if we are able to.
3. Carry-out food continues to be available. Friday Night Fish Fry orders will be processed through our Drive Thru Window Only. All other Menu items will be available for To Go out of our Hostess Desk & Main Restaurant.
4. There will be NO Eating at our Bar. Cocktails Only. We will only have 7 bar stools available at one time.
5. No Waiting or Gathering in our Hostess Area. Guests will be asked to wait in their vehicle and provide us with a cell phone number we can call when your table is ready. We are working on offering Waiting & Cocktails on our Outdoor Patio as a secondary option, more information to come.
6. No tables larger than 6-person capacity will be allowed.
7.We will be unable to honor our Sunday Brunch Buffets due to current recommendations from the Racine County Health Department. At this time Sunday’s will be lunch and dinner only. Hours may vary.
8. Maintaining clean and sanitized table tops by utilizing disposable menus, removing salt and pepper shakers and providing guests with silverware and napkins individually sealed. Disposable silverware will be available upon request.
9. Ketchup and other condiments will be available upon request. Containers will be sanitized between uses or individual amounts will be given.
10. In general, you will notice increased sanitation throughout the facility by All staff members.
11. We are giving our Staff the choice to wear face masks and gloves. Please respect our staffs decision and the changes we need to make in order to provide you with a safe and enjoyable occasion.
Here are some Helpful Links for the most up-to-date information?
For the most updated health information, please consult the following websites:
At the county level: Central Racine County Health Department
At the state level, the Wisconsin Department of Health Services
At the national level, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
At the international level, the World Health Organization
What precautions should I take?
Please follow the CDC wellness measures, which emphasize frequent hand-washing for a minimum of 20 seconds, using a hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol, and avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth. Additionally, avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you are sick, please stay home.